Objectives of the committee
The International Relations Committee is an advisory Committee only and has no delegated decision making authority.
The Committee’s role is to report to Council and provide appropriate advice, information and feedback on matters relevant to its objectives.
The objectives of the committee are as outlined:
The committee is established to:
- Provide advice to council on matters related to all aspects of International Relations, specifically to promote economic, tourism and cultural development;
- Support Councils initiatives in respect to International Relations across the community of Latrobe City;
- Liaise where relevant with other Council committees on internal aspects of international relations.
The committee will carry out the following through the contribution of their expertise and advice in achieving the objectives and deliverables of the Latrobe City International Relations Plan. These include:
- To provide advice and assistance with the development of a range of economic, cultural, sporting, educational, youth and exchange opportunities;
- To promote, through sister city and other international relationships, greater understanding between the communities of Latrobe City and the participating cities and, in doing so, contribute to the mutual welfare of all communities involved;
- To advise Council of new international relationship opportunities;
- Increase community awareness and participation in the various aspects of the Australian Sister Cities networks;
- In support of the council, act as an advocate and channel of communication for the community and other stakeholders to enhance international relationships;
- To engage with multicultural communities within Latrobe City to foster knowledge, understanding and co-operation;
- Policy and strategy Development: To provide advice as part of a policy, strategy (or other relevant document) review or development processes as required from time to time.
- Perform other activities related to this Term of Reference as requested by the Council.
Expressions of interest
Applications close Friday 28 April 2017.
Register your interest in becoming a representative of the Latrobe City International Relations Committee by completing the form below or printing the EOI form(DOCX, 328KB) and returning to Jo De Jong by the due date via:
- post Jo De Jong, Acting Coordinator Events & International Relations, PO BOX 264, Morwell 3840
- email Jo.DeJong@latrobe.vic.gov.au
- return to a Latrobe City Council service centre
Expressions of interest form
I understand that personal information may be collected in relation to this position which will be distributed to the Latrobe City Council staff and Councillors but will not be divulged to the public.