These awards recognise local individuals and groups who have made an outstanding contribution to the community. Any individual or organisation can make a nomination and all eligible nominees are acknowledged.
To be eligible, nominees must meet the following criteria
- all individuals must be Australian citizens;
- Citizen of the Year and Young Citizen of the Year must be a resident of Latrobe City;
- Community Event of the Year must have been held within the Latrobe City municipality;
- no self nominations will be accepted;
- only one nomination per form; and
- organisations/groups must be based in Latrobe City