Latrobe City Council in partnership with the Latrobe City Business and Tourism Association offer training and seminars. Find upcoming training sessions to suit your business needs.
Commercialising Your New Idea Workshop
From protecting your intellectual property to developing an initial commercialisation and strategy plan over the course of this two-session workshop, Commercialising Your New Idea will enable you to decide how best to take your product or service to market.
Is this workshop for me?
Whether you are new to business or an existing business owner with a great idea for a new product or service, this workshop will help you work towards the next stage for your innovation.
How will this workshop help me? You will learn how to:
- Navigate the different stages of the commercialisation path, from the initial idea through to market launch
- Assess the commercial feasibility of every aspect of your product or idea
- Develop an action plan to increase the likelihood of commercialisation success
- Take a more informed decision on whether to proceed to market with your product or idea
As part of Commercialising Your New Idea you will receive:
- Two free follow-up business mentoring sessions and advice tailored to your specific needs from one of our expert small business advisers
- A comprehensive and easy to use Commercialising Your New Idea workbook and reference guide to help guide you through the commercialisation process
- Networking opportunities with innovators and business owners in your area facing similar challenges and opportunities to your own
- A follow-up pack containing workshop slides, hints and tips and where to go for more information.
Venue: MacFarlane Burnet Room, Latrobe City Council Service Centre, 28-38 Kay Street, Traralgon
Date: Monday 14 April 2014 to Monday 28 April 2014.
Time: Session One - 5.30pm to 8.30pm Session Two – 6pm to 8.30pm.
Master Class on Energy Efficiency
This master class will help businessses with less than 200 employees to identify energy saving opportunities in relation to lighting, compressed air and strea systems and with the intention to cut costs and boost productivity.
Venue: Quality Inn Latrobe Convention Centre, 5601 Princes Hwy, Traralgon
Date: Thursday 8 May 2014
Time: 9.00 am - 1.00 pm
Bookings: To register for this workshop, visit the Australian Industry Group website.