Latrobe City Council in partnership with the Latrobe City Business and Tourism Association offer training and seminars. Find upcoming training sessions to suit your business needs.
Initial 5-Day OHS course for health and safety representatives
Approved by WorkSafe Victoria for Health and Safety Representatives (HSRs), this program provides the knowledge and practical skills needed to deal effectively with OHS issues and/or implement an effective OHS management process. Covering all major aspects of occupational health and safety, it comprises lectures, case studies and practical exercises that encourage active participation. Your attendees will gain an understanding on their OHS roles, functions and legal obligations, and be able to carry out their responsibilities with confidence.
This informative and practical seminar will help you:
- Understanding the modern approach to OHS
- Knowing the types of OHS legislation and standards
- Being aware of employer and employee roles and responsibilities, including Health and Safety Representatives and OHS committees
- Understanding OHS consultation and issue resolution
- Identifying hazards, such as manual handling, noise, asbestos, chemicals and falls
- Controlling risks
- Notifying and investigating incidents
- Conducting workplace audits and inspections
- Learning ergonomics and manual handling
- Being aware of psycho-social workplace issues, such as drugs, alcohol, bullying, occupational violence and infectious diseases
- Understanding the role of the Victorian WorkCover Authority/ WorkSafe
- Understanding safety management systems
Venue: Bridges on Argyle, 84-90 Argyle Street, Traralgon
Date: Monday, 18 November 2013; Tuesday,19 November 2013; Monday 25 November 2013; Tuesday, 26 November 2013; Wednesday, 27 November 2013.
Time: 8.45 am – 5.00 pm
Cost: $990 members, $1250 non members
Bookings: To register for a briefing, phone (03) 8662 5333 or visit VECCI and reference code TOH0674.