Below is a snapshot of some of the decisions made by Council at its Ordinary Meeting on Monday 13 February 2017. For full details of the Council Meeting, please see the Council Meeting Minutes which will be available on the Council website on Thursday 16 February 2017.
- Agreed to lay the petition opposing the establishment of a BMX track in Centenary Park Boolarra until the meeting on 6 March 2017.
- Considered a report into the CCTV implementation trial at Argyle St, Traralgon (scrap metal deposit) and noted that improvements to the amenity of the location.
- Resolved to allocate funds to cover traffic management costs for ANZAC and Remembrance Day commemorations until end 2018, and to investigate sourcing corporate sponsorship for these operations.
- Committed to obtaining hosting rights to the 2017 Latrobe City International Water Ski Open.
- Noted the report on Resident Exempt Permit Parking in Henry St, Traralgon, and requested a further report on the parking occupancy study in consultation with local residents and businesses.
- Endorsed the continuation of the Inappropriate Street Tree Removal and Replacement Program until 2018/19 and adopted a list of inappropriate street trees for removal.
- Agreed to start the community consultation process to consider renaming McPherson Road, Newborough.
- Supported an application for a half-day public holiday for the 2017 Moe Cup.
Decisions and reports
- Set allowances until 2020 at $76,521 a year (Mayor) and $24,730 a year (Councillor)
- Received and noted the report provided on the Regional Cities Delegation to Jiangsu, China in September 2016; and the Economic and Cultural Exchange Program to Takasago in November/December 2016.