Residents and businesses are advised that Tarwin Street will be closed between Elgin Street and Wallace Street due to Stage 2 of the upcoming road works commencing this week. McLean Street will be open to allow through traffic to continue their commute.
When and for how long?
The closure is expected to start on Thursday 16 March 2017, and will remain for around for six weeks. Detours will be put in place during the works. Access will be maintained for local residents.
- What works will be undertaken?
- reconstruction of the road pavement
- replacement of driveway vehicle crossings
- construction of underground drainage and subsoil drainage
- improved street lighting
- installation of appropriate street trees
- parallel on street parking
- removal and replacement of concrete kerb and channel
- construction of a raised median with a turnaround
- resurfacing of the road pavement with a hot mix asphalt overlay
Some disruption is inevitable in a project of this nature and your patience is requested. Latrobe City Council regrets any inconvenience caused.